Here is another idea sent in for having some kind of building day: Give the children a challenge - they have to plan & build something using materials around the house, garage, and bunnings or revolve. Give the children a limited amount of money - anything they don't use they get to keep! Nothing like a bit of recylcing!
Don't forget to send in more activities to share....and be in the running for a gift vochure for Mr Spokes - a 1 hour Pedal Car hire! Hmmmm......maybe we should extend the ending time until Friday???
And here is the result of a building day at my place:
So, tomorrow is BOOK DAY! Here are some activities you could include in your day......
- Read, read and read some more :)
- Visit the library. Here is a link to some activities that are run at libraries around Canberra.
- Create a puppet show of your favourite story.
- Make your favourite story into a comic strip.
- Change the ending to a familiar story, illustrate the ending.
- Write your own story - with a given beginnng, or a given ending.
- Create a board game based on your favourite story.
- Make a word search based on your favourite story.
- Read some fables - write some of your own.
- Go outside, set up a picnic and read some more books together :)